With the New Balance Heart Rate Monitor and Pedometer Watch, athletes can monitor their steps and heart rate without much effort and at a reasonable price. Finally, people can achieve their fitness goals without a strap around their sternum! For a heart rate reading featuring ECG accuracy, simply place finger tips on the watch face sensors. Various heart rate calculations are then provided during the workout and the watch emits a notification when the heart rate goes out of the desired zone. This watch also includes functions like a countdown timer, lap chronograph, and a stopwatch feature that make it useful as a sports watch.
The New Balance Heart Rate Monitor and Pedometer Watch measures 6x3x3 inches and weighs one pound, five pounds boxed.
The New Balance Heart Rate Monitor and Pedometer Watch includes:
- Easy-to-read, accurate LCD display
- Two sensors on watch face read heart rate via touch
- Dual-line display simultaneously shows two different readings
- Displays calories burned and distance
- Calculations include average heart rate, percent of maximum heart rate, and maximum heart rate during current workout
- Notification if heart rate goes out of desired zone
- Sports watch functions include countdown timer, lap chronograph, and stopwatch
- Date, hour, time, alarm features on watch
- Lightweight design
- Low price
- Multiple functions perfect for athletic use
- Display is easy to read
- No chest strap
- Calorie counter is not easily accessible
- Instructions difficult for some users to understand
- Must touch watch every few minutes to get repeated heart rate readings
- Mixed reports regarding accuracy of calculations
The New Balance Heart Rate Monitor and Pedometer Watch packs quite a few features into a watch that sells for much less than $100. To start, it is a regular watch with an easily readable LCD display that reflects the date, hour, and time, and features an alarm. This watch also does much more, calculating average heart rate, percentage of maximum rate, and maximum heart rate during a workout. One of the best aspects is that no sternum monitor is required to take heart rate readings. Simply touch fingertips to the two sensors on the watch face and a reading is achieved.
Two different readings can be displayed simultaneously on the watch face and wearers can track both the number of steps they have taken and calories burned during a workout. After establishing a desired heart rate zone, the wearer is alerted if the heart rate goes out of this range. Sports watch capabilities include functions like a stopwatch, countdown timer, and lap chronograph. All of this in a lightweight design that makes the watch comfortable and attractive enough to wear all day.
Some users report having problems finding the calorie counter. Following the included instructions makes this feature easier to locate. Anyone purchasing this watch should realize that because a sternum strap is not used, repeated touching of the onboard sensor is required to get updated readings regarding heart rate.